In what ways have you grown this semester towards feeling like a "real" teacher? You might mention your confidence, teaching skills, planning and assessment skills, or any other area that you feel has impacted you.
~I still feel a little worried on how "teacher like" I will be. Since being in Edu 101 to now I feel like I have grown a lot. Many of my class mates had parents or friends as teachers and at the time I did not have anyone to look to. So I was worried about not being able to make it as far as I have. But since coming to WVU from Potomac State I feel better about myself even though I'm still uneasy. My planning is still a little rusty and I always need a planner. I forget things and that causes me to miss things, like deadlines, pieces of a project, or just that I have this due soon. I procrastinate too much and I know its a bad thing but I just really can't help it everything I do is so much better if I wait last minute. When my host teacher is up front with the students in a whole group activity I watch her and assess the students on if they are doing the lesson correctly. She might think I'm just sitting there not paying attention and yawning like crazy but really I'm watching her and taking in so much. She is a great teacher and I wish I had her as my host teacher the whole time. She gives great examples for the students and even though she might not notice, she is giving me great examples on how I should be as a teacher. So all in all I have learned so much with in these past years since I have started the Education program.
Its really great that you like your host teacher and enjoy being in her room. I also think that it's really good that you take the time to actually take notes within your PDS because I do this as well and I find that it helps me remember a great deal of the different teaching techniques and strategies that my teacher utilizes. I have found that it helps me when I take notes and ask my host teacher questions on the fly. For example, when my teacher changes her seating chart I'll ask her what her mechanism is for switching her students, or if she deals with a behavior issue within the classroom before I leave I try to ask her why she did or didn't take the action. Any free moment that you have to simply ask your host teacher "why" will definately help you feel that uneasy void of being a "real teacher." One other way that you could work on this uneasy feeling could be to interact with the students, learning about the different learning styles and various tendencies that they may have when completeing assignments. Children can always make you much more comfortable than an adult will and there usually really enthusiastic to get help from "the new teacher."
In what ways have you grown this semester towards feeling like a "real" teacher? You might mention your confidence, teaching skills, planning and assessment skills, or any other area that you feel has impacted you.
ReplyDelete~I still feel a little worried on how "teacher like" I will be. Since being in Edu 101 to now I feel like I have grown a lot. Many of my class mates had parents or friends as teachers and at the time I did not have anyone to look to. So I was worried about not being able to make it as far as I have. But since coming to WVU from Potomac State I feel better about myself even though I'm still uneasy. My planning is still a little rusty and I always need a planner. I forget things and that causes me to miss things, like deadlines, pieces of a project, or just that I have this due soon. I procrastinate too much and I know its a bad thing but I just really can't help it everything I do is so much better if I wait last minute. When my host teacher is up front with the students in a whole group activity I watch her and assess the students on if they are doing the lesson correctly. She might think I'm just sitting there not paying attention and yawning like crazy but really I'm watching her and taking in so much. She is a great teacher and I wish I had her as my host teacher the whole time. She gives great examples for the students and even though she might not notice, she is giving me great examples on how I should be as a teacher. So all in all I have learned so much with in these past years since I have started the Education program.
Its really great that you like your host teacher and enjoy being in her room. I also think that it's really good that you take the time to actually take notes within your PDS because I do this as well and I find that it helps me remember a great deal of the different teaching techniques and strategies that my teacher utilizes. I have found that it helps me when I take notes and ask my host teacher questions on the fly. For example, when my teacher changes her seating chart I'll ask her what her mechanism is for switching her students, or if she deals with a behavior issue within the classroom before I leave I try to ask her why she did or didn't take the action. Any free moment that you have to simply ask your host teacher "why" will definately help you feel that uneasy void of being a "real teacher." One other way that you could work on this uneasy feeling could be to interact with the students, learning about the different learning styles and various tendencies that they may have when completeing assignments. Children can always make you much more comfortable than an adult will and there usually really enthusiastic to get help from "the new teacher."
ReplyDelete