Characteristic 3: Moral and Ethical Confidentiality is one of the biggest goals as a Novice teacher to keep. I believe that even people outside our profession also need to work on their moral and ethical code of keeping things to themselves. Now you can not have physical evidence that you have kept the confidentiality but you can use the needs of the students and document in your lesson plans when you worked for the needs of your students. This will help your case on special education a lot and will be able to help you earn a job in the future. Characteristic 6: In-depth Knowledge of Content For us as of right now we do not have in-depth knowledge of content unless we have worked hard in a unit plan. As much a I feel that I can not create a poem for the life of me, I sure did an excellent job of making a unit of poetry and having every student engaged and learning with excitement. So over the course of the time that we are teaching we will become teachers with in-depth knowledge of the content that we teach. We will always be finding more examples, more research, and more up to date knowledge of the content. I myself want to become better at both of these characteristics for the good of my classroom and myself; for I will become life long learner.
I definitely agree that the issue of confidentiality is significantly important when dealing with Characteristic #3. Not only should we as teachers be moral and ethically in our practice but I also believe this ties in the aspect of teaching the students how to make the right decisions. One artifact that you could use to represent something like that could be a lesson on character education. As far as Characteristic #6, I too agree that it will come with experience and practice and I think that a unit plan which demonstrates your in-depth knowledge on a particular area or subject would be a great artifact for that.
Characteristic 3: Moral and Ethical
ReplyDeleteConfidentiality is one of the biggest goals as a Novice teacher to keep. I believe that even people outside our profession also need to work on their moral and ethical code of keeping things to themselves. Now you can not have physical evidence that you have kept the confidentiality but you can use the needs of the students and document in your lesson plans when you worked for the needs of your students. This will help your case on special education a lot and will be able to help you earn a job in the future.
Characteristic 6: In-depth Knowledge of Content
For us as of right now we do not have in-depth knowledge of content unless we have worked hard in a unit plan. As much a I feel that I can not create a poem for the life of me, I sure did an excellent job of making a unit of poetry and having every student engaged and learning with excitement. So over the course of the time that we are teaching we will become teachers with in-depth knowledge of the content that we teach. We will always be finding more examples, more research, and more up to date knowledge of the content. I myself want to become better at both of these characteristics for the good of my classroom and myself; for I will become life long learner.
I definitely agree that the issue of confidentiality is significantly important when dealing with Characteristic #3. Not only should we as teachers be moral and ethically in our practice but I also believe this ties in the aspect of teaching the students how to make the right decisions. One artifact that you could use to represent something like that could be a lesson on character education. As far as Characteristic #6, I too agree that it will come with experience and practice and I think that a unit plan which demonstrates your in-depth knowledge on a particular area or subject would be a great artifact for that.
ReplyDelete