Describe some factors you would use in planning for instruction for your current placement. What experiences or difficulties have you had in lesson planning? What methods have you used or observed to differentiate instruction? ~Some factors I would use when planning for instruction in my placement would be talking to the teacher first. If the teacher already is planning to do that lesson or does not want me to do that kind of lesson then I know a head of time before I really start to work on it. I also put in the factors of my students whom are in the class. Are there any ELL, IEP, or special needs students? If so I need to use that as a factor that way I can help out all my students and help them learn on their level. One difficulty that I have had is time. Two hours is not enough time to talk to the teacher about it nor enough time to get it together with the materials from around the room. Another difficulty is that it is not my own room. It would be a lot easier to plan lessons if they were from my own classroom. With experiences, right now hardly anyone in the tutor program has enough experience to do lesson plans on their own. Some might be great lesson plans however I feel that we do not get enough sources or help when trying to find lesson plans or making effective lesson plans. Am I the only one that has this problem within the tutor year? Where can I find good hardly lesson plans?
Talking to your teacher before planning a lesson is a great idea, especially to make sure not to repeat a lesson that the students have already engaged in. I also completely agree that the student should be the number one focus when forming a lesson because of the simple fact that they are responsible for learning the material they are being presented. Having ELL or students with IEP plays a major role in how you plan and what exactly you plan for, which is where differentiated teaching comes into play to help adjust to every individual need of the student. Two hours isn't nearly enough time for all of the work that the program requires us to do and a lot of times the teacher simply doesn't have time to talk with us with all of the work they have to complete as well. Something that I have found easy for me to do is to email my teacher about what we would (ideally) like to accomplish next to check off of the checklist. Attempting to plan lessons has been a very troubling task for me (especially in our CHPR class), but I think it's confusing for us right now because the two classes use completely different formats and like you said, I don't feel that too much time is spent on actually teaching us how to write a lesson. Your definitely no the only one that's confused or frustrated with this year!
Describe some factors you would use in planning for instruction for your current placement. What experiences or difficulties have you had in lesson planning? What methods have you used or observed to differentiate instruction?
ReplyDelete~Some factors I would use when planning for instruction in my placement would be talking to the teacher first. If the teacher already is planning to do that lesson or does not want me to do that kind of lesson then I know a head of time before I really start to work on it. I also put in the factors of my students whom are in the class. Are there any ELL, IEP, or special needs students? If so I need to use that as a factor that way I can help out all my students and help them learn on their level. One difficulty that I have had is time. Two hours is not enough time to talk to the teacher about it nor enough time to get it together with the materials from around the room. Another difficulty is that it is not my own room. It would be a lot easier to plan lessons if they were from my own classroom. With experiences, right now hardly anyone in the tutor program has enough experience to do lesson plans on their own. Some might be great lesson plans however I feel that we do not get enough sources or help when trying to find lesson plans or making effective lesson plans. Am I the only one that has this problem within the tutor year? Where can I find good hardly lesson plans?
Talking to your teacher before planning a lesson is a great idea, especially to make sure not to repeat a lesson that the students have already engaged in. I also completely agree that the student should be the number one focus when forming a lesson because of the simple fact that they are responsible for learning the material they are being presented. Having ELL or students with IEP plays a major role in how you plan and what exactly you plan for, which is where differentiated teaching comes into play to help adjust to every individual need of the student.
ReplyDeleteTwo hours isn't nearly enough time for all of the work that the program requires us to do and a lot of times the teacher simply doesn't have time to talk with us with all of the work they have to complete as well. Something that I have found easy for me to do is to email my teacher about what we would (ideally) like to accomplish next to check off of the checklist. Attempting to plan lessons has been a very troubling task for me (especially in our CHPR class), but I think it's confusing for us right now because the two classes use completely different formats and like you said, I don't feel that too much time is spent on actually teaching us how to write a lesson. Your definitely no the only one that's confused or frustrated with this year!