While at my PDS my 'wonderings' has changed. I always thought of teachers as the leader at all times. However, I have seen that is not always how it works. The teacher the leader, yes she is the main leader but she helps the students become leaders as well. It's easy as a tutor to take a step back and watch the teacher work. However it's hard to see what would work best for you. As you watch look how the students learn with in that environment and later try it. If it doesn't work for you don't worry you'll find one that works for you.
I completely agree with you that the teacher should primarily be the leader within the classroom. However, there are numerous ways to teach students indirectly by incorporting technology and outside resources. I feel that all students should have the opportunity to learn from different elements of subjects to have adequate knowledge and representation from various sources. I also agree that teaching is fairly trial and error so trying different methods and techniques is the most ideal way to teach to me.
Thanks for allowing me to be a part of your blog. [First, let me say that the design is very bright. Nice choice of green :-) ] Your reflection regarding the teacher's appropriate role in the classroom is accurate. There is far more effectiveness in teaching and leading a classroom than merely "being in charge". I like that you have identified a key point in that teachers who effectively bring students to the position of leadership are doing a good thing. Mutual trust and learning should be every teachers' goal for his/her classroom. What examples of this might you have observed being modeled by your cooperating teacher?
Well I noticed when I told the students to "put a bubble in" they looked at me like I grew a second head. I laughed because I knew that they didn't think I could do that. My teacher however said that I did a good job, that way the students understand that they can not get away with stuff when I'm around and she isn't.
While at my PDS my 'wonderings' has changed. I always thought of teachers as the leader at all times. However, I have seen that is not always how it works. The teacher the leader, yes she is the main leader but she helps the students become leaders as well. It's easy as a tutor to take a step back and watch the teacher work. However it's hard to see what would work best for you. As you watch look how the students learn with in that environment and later try it. If it doesn't work for you don't worry you'll find one that works for you.
ReplyDeleteI completely agree with you that the teacher should primarily be the leader within the classroom. However, there are numerous ways to teach students indirectly by incorporting technology and outside resources. I feel that all students should have the opportunity to learn from different elements of subjects to have adequate knowledge and representation from various sources. I also agree that teaching is fairly trial and error so trying different methods and techniques is the most ideal way to teach to me.
ReplyDeleteThanks for allowing me to be a part of your blog.
ReplyDelete[First, let me say that the design is very bright. Nice choice of green :-) ]
Your reflection regarding the teacher's appropriate role in the classroom is accurate. There is far more effectiveness in teaching and leading a classroom than merely "being in charge". I like that you have identified a key point in that teachers who effectively bring students to the position of leadership are doing a good thing. Mutual trust and learning should be every teachers' goal for his/her classroom. What examples of this might you have observed being modeled by your cooperating teacher?
Well I noticed when I told the students to "put a bubble in" they looked at me like I grew a second head. I laughed because I knew that they didn't think I could do that. My teacher however said that I did a good job, that way the students understand that they can not get away with stuff when I'm around and she isn't.
ReplyDelete